Pages

18 August, 2013

First time for Everything

This is my first time negotiating any sort of contract. I'm so stressed over it, but at the same time I'm really learning a lot. My Dad and my Uncles have been extremely helpful and I have learned so much from their experience and excellent advice. I have always felt that I'm beyond lucky to be a Glazer, but these past few days I've felt doubly lucky to have so much family history in real estate buying and selling. To my Uncles, reading the contract for this farm is cake.

So now we start the back and forth... but I think it will all come out good for everyone in the end. In addition to this beautiful little farm, we are going to be buying the tractor, front loader, brush hog, sit down mower, ATV and cart. The front loader and the brush hog are attached to the tractor already, which is nice.

We are also going to be asking about purchasing some of the other items on the farm. The extra wire fencing, the feed bins, the front porch furniture, the outdoor table and chairs and any houseplants they want to leave behind.

3 comments:

  1. Are you going with the farm pictured in the previous post? If so, it looks amazing! I hope the negotiations go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going with the latest farm- the one with the red barn. It's in Cookeville. And thanks! Your Dad has helped us immensely.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job at negotiating from someone who doesn't like to talk about the numbers. :)

    ReplyDelete