Pages

27 November, 2014

Fury

I know that in my last post I talked about wanting to "go Terminator" on the guineas at 5:30 in the morning, but the truth is that I do love them and would never hurt them.

Today, as I was getting ready to go to Thanksgiving at my parent's house, some evil person hit one of the lavender guineas in the road. Aaron says he was just out of the shower when he heard the car, the thump and the car driving off. He recognized the car as one that drives on our street often.

I hate that the guineas go in the street. I have been trying to coax them to stay on our property- we have such huge empty fields, I don't know why they want to be in the street or cross to the neighbor's field. But they do. And they are stupid and hard to corral. Most people just honk at them when they are in the street, and that's what I would do. But this one supreme asshole couldn't even slow down or honk to get them out of the way. Where are you going at 10 in the morning that you can't take 5 seconds to slow down?

I am glad it wasn't one of the dogs. Aaron said that if it had been, Thanksgiving would have been delayed while he waited on the porch with his shotgun for that car to come back by.


No comments:

Post a Comment