Pages

15 December, 2013

So Many Activities!


I have no idea where to start so I'm just going to make a list of the things I could write about and then proceed to write about them.

1. Chairman Meow:












I adopted this sweet white kitten that I had met back during my aquaponics training program in September. He didn't turn out to be a mouser so Randy (the owner of Today's Green Acres) said he had to go. I brought him home with me and had his little furry balls snipped off! Muahahahahahaha! Aaron helped me name him Chairman Meow. Since none of our cats know their names, we figured what did it matter if they have silly names?

2. The drive to the farm Today's Green Acres in Alora, Tennessee with Aaron to pick up the aquaponics system that I won. Also on this drive we saw some really beautiful mountains. I'd show you a picture but Aaron didn't take any. He says, "They were very 'Bob Ross-esque' and Sarah would have enjoyed them if she hadn't been on the phone the whole time." Apparently the top part had snow on them and you could clearly see the snow line and it was cool.

3. Digging up a gas line with the tractor! (super fun times!) It didn't turn out as bad as it sounds.

4. Snake skeleton! I found one under the power line tower! It was weird! Wiley stepped on it.

5. The chickens continue their campaign for admittance to the yard to no avail. Their master plan has been (and I suspect will continue to be) trying to run out of the coop whenever I bring them treats and check for late eggs in the afternoon. They are not creatures that anyone would consider very intelligent. I'll be generous and just say that they are smart enough for being chickens. Lucky for them!

6. FOOD LION: A new Sunday morning tradition! We just wander around the store and enjoy the emptiness, the sideshow carnival music, and picking things up and putting them back because Food Lion doesn't have the organic yogurt I like. (Actually, in all honesty, I really love Food Lion. It's true, it doesn't have the vast selection of products that Kroger has; but it is always clean, relaxing, and the music is actually a lot of fun)

7. Carl… oh my dear sweet Carl. He lives on my porch. He moved up there when I did and I love him more and more every day. For those who remember my first cat, Spider, Carl is just like him but yellow.

8. Wanda One-Eye… she's making friends everywhere she goes! (That may or may not be a true statement, but what kind of blog post would this be if I didn't mention my special chicken girl?) Actually, Wanda has been having some mini adventures of her own but that's going to be a blog post unto itself. I have some great videos of her and some new photos.

9. Hilda…. Our fearless hunter! I have a hard time choosing between her and Carl when they are both on the porch wanting attention. She's always up for being held and loves snuggling and nuzzling her head on my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment